Are you hoping to travel with your pet while travelling around in a motorhome hire New Zealand? What if you don’t have a motorhome to travel in but you want to bring your pet with you? What then? It isn’t always easy to find a place to stay with an animal, is it?
The good news is that New Zealand is a pet-friendly country and there are many options for lodging with them, whether you are travelling in a motorhome hire New Zealand or in a vehicle. As you travel around South Island, you’ll find many options for staying with your dog or cat, so you don’t have to worry about leaving them at home.
To help you in your planning, the following hotels are pet friendly and also offer some cool amenities in ideal locations. Find the ones in the places that you go and have an amazing time with your animal on the South Island in New Zealand:
- Tuscana Motor Lodge Christchurch: If you’re visiting Christchurch, you’re in for a good experience. It’s a very animal friendly place to visit, so you’ll have plenty to see and do with your pet. A great place to stay while in Christ Church is the Tuscana Motor Lodge. A hotel that is a no-fuss kind of location, you can kick back and relax in any one of the studios and suites that include kitchenettes. There is also a barbeque area for hanging out with friends or cooking up some meat outside. Located near cool places for eating and drinking, as well as some of the most important sites in the city, the Tuscana Motor Lodge Christchurch is the pet-friendly place you want to visit.
- Country Glen Lodge Christchurch: Only 5 minutes away from the Christchurch Botanical gardens, the Country Glen Lodge is conveniently located for your visit to the city. As a pet-friendly place, you can enjoy staying at this comfortable hotel with rooms that have balconies or patios. If you’re travelling with your kids, you’ll also appreciate that there is a kid’s playground, as well as a climbing wall. As far as location and pet-friendly factors, the Country Glen Lodge is quite ideal for your visit to Christchurch.
- Trelawn Place Queenstown: If you’re stopping in Queenstown on your road trip throughout South Island, Trelawn Place is an ideal destination for you. The self-contained cottages are spacious and welcoming, so if you want plenty of room for you and your pup to relax after a long drive, the comfort found in the Trelawn Place is what you’re looking for. Located in a beautiful spot with gorgeous views, it’s worth staying at in more ways than one.
- Rosies Place: Rosies Place is a perfect option for you if you’re headed to the Oamaru area. Situated in a beautiful area with a building that dates back to the 1950s, it’s a romantic option for couples looking for a lovely spot to stay at. It’s also ideal for those travelling with their pets, as it is pet-friendly. If you like being able to prepare your own food and coffee in your room, you’ll like that Rosies Place has a kitchen with both an oven and microwave, and of course there is a TV for when you just want to relax and watch a movie.
- Kamana Lakehouse: If you’re looking for luxury and stunning views than look no further than the beauty of the Kamana Lakehouse, with incredible views of Lake Wakatipu and the mountain range in the distance. If you’re lucky, you could get a room with lake views but if not, the kitchen and bar offer you the views that you’re looking for. Best of all, you’ll be near several amazing natural destinations in the area, which is perfect if you’re traveling with your pet.
As you travel around South Island with your pet, rest assured that you will find accommodation where you want to go. New Zealand is pet-friendly, so as long as you do some research before hand, you’ll be able to stay at some pretty amazing spots with your dog.
Not only is lodging easy to come by but New Zealand also has a lot of pet-friendly places. From parks that allow you to let your dog off the leash to cafes that are more than welcoming of your animal, you don’t have to stress about bringing your pet with your on your trip.
Whether you’re traveling in a motorhome hire New Zealand or you are going to stay at hotels, go ahead and bring your animal with you. You’ll be able to find plenty to see and do with them. Who wants to stay at home when your best friend is off seeing amazing places? Your dog doesn’t, so consider your options of bringing them.